Italian Stuffed Artichokes
Artichokes are a favorite springtime snack so stuffed artichokes sound perfect. You'll love this classic Italian dish stuffed with seasoned breadcrumbs and cheese.
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced quarters
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Use a serrated knife to chop one inch off top. Cut off stems so artichokes can sit flat. Snip tips off leaves. Rub one quarter of a lemon over the top, sides and bottom of each artichoke. This will help to prevent browning.
- In a medium bow, mix together breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Gently pull and spread the leaves away from the artichoke center. Stuff the artichokes with the breadcrumb mixture getting the mixture in between all the leaves and over the top.
- Place the stuffed artichokes upright and tight in a small baking dish. Fill dish with about half an inch of water. Water should not touch stuffing.
- Drizzle olive oil over tops of artichokes, if desired. Tightly cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for one hour. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.